- One bug per Jira ticket. Please do not report multiple bugs within one single JIRA Issue. Otherwise, it makes it very difficult to have focused discussion and track progress.
- Even if you encountered several issues at once, you should open a separate JIra Issue for each and Link issues together.
- Keep ongoing communication in JIRA. Email does not scale. Emails are lost. Use JIRA to provide all necessary Logs, code snippets, screenshots.
- The JIRA Issue Summary should be precise and informative about the issue it is reporting: "X is broken" is not a helpful description. "X is doing Y instead of Z" is much better.
- Provide a link to the original user story if you can
- Provide more details on the issue in the Description field
- Describe the error you see, and describe the behavior expected
- Provide steps to reproduce the error
- If possible, provide actual commands to run
- Attach logs or screenshots
- Try to reduce the problem to the smallest possible use case to make it easier to reproduce the bug and to test the solution
- Embed code in the description and use formatting
- Provide info on: OS, Browser, Java version,…
- If you want to get notified on a change, use the JIRA Watch capability.