From the Acumos TSC Charter
The Release Manager guides the regular, timely release of the collection of projects that comprise our platform.
The Release Manager takes the release plan defined and approved by the Technical Steering Committee and guides the development community through the process and procedures needed to coordinate timely and regular software releases, follow-on stable releases, and manage any ad-hoc releases as required.
- Work with the TSC and Project PTLs to create and evolve the release process
- Develop, document, and maintain release automation tools and tracking artifacts as needed
- Coordinate the cross project release cycle, including intermediate milestones and release candidates, final releases, stable and security updates
- Communicate with Project Technical Leaders, Technical Steering Committee and community at large regarding the status of the release
- Help identify release-blocking issues to keep release process on schedule
- Deliver timely release artifacts (executable(s), documentation, testing output, etc.)
You don't have to write code to be a member of the community. The Acumos TSC has established working subcommittees such as Architecture.
You can view their wiki spaces by accessing the Committees drop-down menu item in the top, gray navigation bar.
A working subcommittee generally has weekly meetings run by a Chair or Co-Chairs.